There’s nothing like a woodland wedding to stir my soul. I’m of the nature loving sort and a mountain girl at heart. In my opinion, there is nothing like the smell of pine mixed with dark soil, the opportunity to witness a bit of wildlife, and the green of the forest floor to ground me and put me at ease. If you are of the same sort, then today’s inspiration board is for you.
Looking to plan a woodland wedding of your own? If so, keep the following in mind.
- Mother Nature has provided us with a glorious backdrop. So, keep additional decor to a minimum in order to maximize your surroundings.
- Decor should enhance and blend in with the scenery, not compete with it.
- Consider a dress without a train for your bridal ensemble. Even a short train will collect a good deal of dirt. A sheath silhouette is a perfect complement to your woodsy nuptials.
- In your floral/decor design, use natural elements such as local wildflowers, toadstools and mushrooms, and fauna to provide your guests with a total environmental experience.
- For favors: jams made with local native fruits, locally produced honey, mini terrariums, or even a whimsical trinket such as a little gnome.
I hope you enjoy the board and have a wonderful day!